Here is a delightful summer treat, that is not only simple to make and delicious, it has no added sugar. Now, I have nothing against sugar, but it sure is nice to help moderate the intake of it through the use of YUMMY fruit based treats. This Frozen Pineapple Treat is cold, sweet, and basically the texture of an icee or shaved ice.
a ripe pineapple
Yes, that is it. Make sure it is nice and sweet and ripe though, otherwise it will taste dull.
1) Finely chop, almost dice, half the pineapple. Don’t do this in the food processor, you want small chunks and that is really hard to achieve in a processor.
2) Puree the rest of the pineapple in a food processor until it is smooth.
3) Mix the chopped and pureed pineapple.
4) Spread the pineapple into a thin, even, layer on a half sheet pan.
5) Freeze, stirring every 30 minutes with a fork, for about an hour and a half.
Any pineapple left in the freezer after the initial hour and a half will freeze solid and can be broken into chunks and eaten. Not quite as exciting, but a good thing to know if you have leftovers.