Another recipe I keep forgetting to publish. Can’t wait to have this again!
This recipe is designed to be a yummy source healthy fats. If, unlike me, you are GREAT about getting in plenty of healthy fats into your diet you can use less coconut oil and replace it with more milk. But, I needed to come up with something with lots of them, because I had not been getting enough and my body was going through a lot of stress and exhaustion at the time, so I knew getting in some extra fat would be good.
- 1 Pineapple cut-up
- 1/2 c. liquid (milk, coconut milk, orange juice, ect.)
- Juice and zest from two limes, or juice from 4 limes if little pieces of zest would drive you crazy
- 2 T honey
- 1 ripe banana (or more honey to taste)
- 1 T molasses (optional)
- 3/4 c. melted coconut oil (optional, see instructions)
With the oil:
1) Blend the pineapple, liquid of choice, juice, zest, honey, banana, and molasses until smooth.
Without, or with less oil:
You can replace some, or all of the coconut oil with coconut milk if you are not needing this to be a source of healthy fat. Just make sure you don’t use skimmed milk or “lite” cream and you should be fine. If you want to have some of the benefits of the coconut oil, but not all of it, replace some of the oil with coconut milk, just remember to drizzle any oil you do use in at the end.