Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream
- 2 cups sour cream (It adds a delightful tanginess. It is amazing. I can digest it better.)
- 3/4 cup whole milk, or yogurt
- 1 lb frozen strawberries
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 T vanilla (yes, you read that right. Don’t skimp!)
- 3/4 – 1 c. honey (I used 3/4 c. but it could have used more.)
- 1/4 cup strawberry only spread (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown butter (optional)
Blend everything together in a blender. Since you are using frozen strawberries, the mixture will be cold enough to churn right away. If you use fresh strawberries instead, let the mixture chill in the fridge for a few hours.
Churn according to manufacturer’s instructions. Or how you guess you are supposed to if you found your ice cream machine at a yard sale without instructions. $5 ice cream machines rule.
For best results allow the churned ice cream to sit in your freezer for a few hours. For normal results… eat some soft serve and freeze half of it for a even tastier treat the next day.
Makes about a half gallon.
I am willing to admit…
…I do not have all the answers so check out these other ice cream recipes.