Lets talk wings for a bit.
|Christopher in his pretend airplane we made the other day.|
No. Chicken wings.
I love them. Not just for parties or when we go out and get an appetizer. I regularly serve them as a main dish for my family. Why?
- They are really hard to mess up. I have never made a dry wing (even when we were first married).
- They are simple to bake and usually take a matter of minutes to get into the oven.
- The have so much skin and bones that the meat is incredibly flavorful and moist!
- You get messy eating them, and there is no way around it.
- They are fun.
- They are as tasty as tenders with being about 1/3 the price. Yes, a lot of what you buy is bones and skin but for me, at least, those are just as valuable as the meat. The skin provides plenty of healthy fat as well as keeps the meat moist, and the bones can be saved to make stock- something we try to have plenty of for health reasons.
Honey Baked Wings
- About 2 1/2 pounds wings
- 2 t salt
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t dried ginger
- 1/4 t ground thyme
- 1 T onion powder
- 2-3 T honey (3 is pretty sweet if you are also using coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, or softened butter
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 t salt