Uses a natural sweetener– homemade date paste.
And if you can not have dairy or eggs– know it is free of those too.
But, is it good?
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup boiling water
- ⅓-1/2 cup additional liquid of choice (coconut cream, cream, orange juice)
- ½ cup date paste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ⅓ teaspoon real salt or ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Put the cashews and chocolate in a jar, pour the boiling water over top. Let sit 30 minutes.
- In a food processor or heavy duty blender blend the cashews, date paste, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Continue to blend while you pour in ⅓ cup liquid. If you are not using my recipe for date paste you will not need as much liquid, and you might need more date paste (most recipes start with soaking the dates, mine does not). I used the full half cup. It will be a little runnier then you want, but will firm up in the fridge.
- Refrigerate the pudding for 30 minutes to firm up.