Chewy Oatmeal bars that have a texture just like Nutri Grain Bars.
This recipe has been moved to my new Allergy Friendly food Blog Worth Cooking. See it here.
For convenience here is the ingredient list:
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oat flour (grind rolled oats in a coffee grinder, food processor, personal blender with a dry cup, or high powered blender)
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons ground golden flax (I recommend freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or apple pie spice (optional)
- ½ – ¾ cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon corn free baking powder OR ¼ teaspoon baking soda and ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cup natural, unsweetened, applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- ⅔ cup liquid coconut oil
- Fruit-only jelly (optional, for serving)